As the owner of Rehabs 2 Riches, Alton Jones has spent his life making connections. Right out of high school, he joined the Los Angeles Police Department and became a police officer. During that time, he had a lot of interesting experiences and met a variety of fascinating people. Now, 30 years later, he’s still a reserve officer.
In 1996, he joined Primerica Financial Services and became a licensed life insurance agent, eventually rising to the position of Regional Vice-President. A few years later, things changed. He saw families and good people experiencing tough times due to a bad economy and a terrible real estate market. If things had been a little different, it could have been his family in the same situation. He knew he wanted to help somehow, to give back. That’s what motivated him to earn his real estate license and establish West Coast Home Buyers, LLC., purchasing and remodeling homes to make them affordable for local homebuyers.
Working alongside his mentor, the legendary Ron LeGrand, 14 years of real estate experience has taught Alton two things. First, rehabbing homes is a way to help others, giving them a chance to buy beautiful and secure homes. Second, by working hard and working smart, rehabbing can be highly profitable. These lessons led him to develop Rehabs 2 Riches, a series of courses and books designed to teach anyone how to seize financial opportunity for themselves.
Now, he has the privilege of passing on what he knows and watching his students reach heights they never thought possible.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why success begins when you develop a system that is duplicatable and automated that allows you to do less work while making more money
- Getting out of your own way and managing your projects so they do not wind up managing you
- Bringing in people who are more knowledgeable than you and more skilled at certain tasks to free up your time to see the big picture and make things happen
- How Alton netted $220,000 in 12 months on a real estate transaction without using his own money or his personal credit
- Moving away from negative thinking and dwelling on what you can’t do (bad credit, lack of knowledge, etc.) and figuring out how to accomplish your goals
- Surrounding yourself with like-minded people who are moving in the direction you want to go
- Why you must stop telling yourself you can’t achieve your goals and instead ask yourself “How can I achieve my goals?”
- Why finding a mentor or a coach is instrumental in stretching your vision
- Sources Alton uses to finance his real estate ventures
- Why Alton chooses to focus on quality rather than quantity, rehabbing only five or six houses per year, averaging between $100,000 and $120,000 profit for each property.
- The importance of building relationships to be successful in real estate
- The one thing Alton wishes he knew when he began investing in real estate
Is Ron still head of this organisation. Or is he retired.?
Hi Peter, Ron is still on the road every single month traveling the country teaching Quick Start Real Estate School and Fast Track to Wealth, as well as several other events he conducts in Jacksonville!