Jerry Green is a native of Ohio and currently lives there in Germantown with his wife of 16 years and their 4 children. Jerry started in the real estate business in 1994 by wholesaling properties. Since that time he has been involved with doing over 1,100 deals including fix and flips, single to multifamily rentals, and commercial properties. He also created an investment fund. Additionally, he has traveled throughout the country teaching thousands of people in real estate and business.
He is currently the CEO of his real estate business and invests most of his time into his real estate education business. Within the educational side, Jerry hosts multiple training events throughout the year and provides coaching opportunities to his students on several different platforms.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Jerry first got involved in the real estate business through wholesaling in 1994 after a big financial setback impacted his family
- How a series of difficult life events culminated in the loss of Jerry’s wife to cancer, and how he had to work hard to rebuild his life
- How Jerry built his business back up, and how he worked to minimize the amount of time he has to actively work on his investments
- What Jerry’s small team of 6-7 employees does most of the work, and what tools and systems they use in their process
- Why direct mail is one of Jerry’s biggest lead producers, and how he uses postcards for big bulk lists and tailored letters for more specialist lists
- Why Jerry believes too few investors put enough emphasis on following up with prospective leads, and how he and his team follow up with every lead
- Why Jerry focuses his sales team’s energy on warm leads rather than cold calling, and what other marketing channels he uses
- How Jerry and his team are focused on expanding their business, with the goal of entering two new markets per quarter in the new year
- Why Jerry considers “thinking too small” to be the biggest mistake he’s ever made in his business