John Jackson has been referred to as the “King of Lease Options” by other educators, speakers, and investors across the country, and has transformed many of the techniques, methods, and structures utilized today with lease options. John started his real estate company Leasing to Buy in 2003 and since then, has completed well over 800 lease option transactions himself, not including the countless hundreds and hundreds that his students have completed.
His company, Leasing to Buy, has refined the way that lease option transactions are structured and executed so that over 98% of his buyers obtain permanent financing within 12 months. That is unheard of in the industry, where the industry average is less than 20% of buyers in a lease option ever obtaining permanent financing at all!
As an educator, John is the ONLY educator in the US to teach Texas lease options and the unique laws that Texas has. Real estate attorneys have even referred to John for his education, experience, and expertise in this very specific field. Other nationally recognized educators have learned lease options directly from John, and many also direct their students to John to learn his unique method for executing lease options. John teaches investors how to make money utilizing lease options using no credit, no money, no risk, and with almost no competition, all while working exclusively on pretty houses in pretty neighborhoods.
John has been featured on NBC, FOX, as well as several popular podcasts including:
- Joe McCall’s “Real Estate Investing Mastery”
- Mitch Stevens’s “Real Estate Investor Summit”
- Joe Fairless’s “Best Real Estate Investing Advice Ever”
- Connor Steinbrook’s “Investor Army”
- Chris Prefontaine’s “Smart Real Estate”
- Matt Theriault’s “Epic Real Estate”
In 2018 John co-authored “Real Estate Rock Stars” which hit #1 on Amazon in 3 categories and in April of 2021 launched the first-ever podcast devoted exclusively to the topic of lease options titled “The Lease Option Experience”.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- What states can you not do lease options
- What requirements do you need to do a lease option in Texas
- How long does your contract need to be to get a large lease option fee in Texas
- Why is a contract for deed dead in Texas
- What is lease assignment, and how can you have a one-day payday
- Why would a seller decide to do a subject to deal
- What are the three categories of problems do people selling their house have
- What are the two main ways that John markets without being an agent
- Why landlords are a great target for terms deal