Ken Van Liew started his professional career with a civil design engineering job, twins and 2 master’s degrees, underpinned with a six-figure debt and a burning desire to serve others.
Sixteen years later, he cut the ribbon on the development of a $17M dollar, 72,000 square feet, 113 bed assisted living facility. He parlayed this success into a Staten Island waterfront development and began a mastery journey with Tony Robbins. While attending Tony Robbin’s event in Hawaii, his waterfront development was terminated due to the World Trade Center tragedies.
This moment gave Ken time to reflect on where he was, where he wanted to be and the impact he wanted to have. Alongside the syndication and development of over a billion dollars of high-profile real estate investments, Ken wholesaled 137 deals in one year as co-founder of Flipping USA and then created the Modern Wealth Building Formula as the fastest track to building wealth … a project that has empowered 1000’s of investors over the last 20 years.
Simply put, Ken is a titan in the world of real estate responsible for over a billion dollars of construction across dozens of projects and has forever changed the New York skyline. In addition, Ken regularly speaks on stages including NYU Real Estate Institute and the College of Engineering at Rutgers University, and is a best-selling author. Ken is an unsung hero in the world of stage magic, has been married for over 30 years, and is the proud father of 3 talented and successful children.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Who Ken Van Liew is and how he got into the real estate business
- How Ken created his book and where he drew inspiration, plus how you can download it for free
- The importance of micro-distinctions and how marginal shift can create massive change
- What the difference is between Ken’s mindset at the beginning and what he sees in people today
- What Ken considers his most significant career mistake so far and why he encourages others not to make the same mistake
- How the 2008 crash affected the real estate market and how Ken came back from huge losses overnight
- The importance of controlling your own time and building a routine for success
- Website: https://kenvanliew.com/
- Get Ron’s $599 Wholesaling course for FREE when you join his Gold Club for ONLY $59 a month!
- Download Ken’s book for free at www.TheMentorPodcast.com/Ken