He started life out on the wrong side of the railroad tracks. His father was an alcoholic and his mother was left to raise four children on a clerk’s wages. None of his relatives owned their own business. Everyone worked for wages.
Randy knew that there MUST be a better way to live. He decided to break the cycle of poverty in his family genes. Education came first. Randy graduated from Eastern Illinois University and began buying single-family homes for rental while in college. Today, Randy has purchased over 200 houses. He has lived the life of having nothing and will not let that happen again.
Randy’s primary goal now is to teach others how to break the cycle of poverty. Randy teaches real estate investment courses throughout the United States as well as classes on how to protect your assets and how to become more private with your personal life. He also teaches land trust law and administration and is an expert contributor for numerous publications.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- The power of land trusts to prevent issues with probates for your real estate properties
- Why land trusts can make you more money than investing in property using your own name
- The appealing privacy aspects of owning property in a trust over putting the property in your name or using an LLC
- The asset protection benefits of trusts and how they can help you avoid legal headaches and liability
- Tips for setting up land trusts in any state to reap the numerous benefits and what to tell your lawyer to maximize their help
- The essential nature of the trust agreement and how to create one
- Why selling the beneficial interest on a property is such a potent tool for real estate success