Ross Hamilton started investing in real estate in 2001 at 19 just years old and he has personally owned or been a partner in hundreds of real estate investments around the US. Using the profits earned from his real estate investing business in his early twenties, Ross founded ConnectedInvestors.com. The Connected Investors platform has grown into a real estate investment marketplace & the premier social network of over half a million real estate investors.
In 2016, Ross & his team consolidated the hard and private money lending space when they opened the doors to CiX.com. CiX is the first company to build a private money marketplace that allows real estate investors to easily get loan offers from multiple private money lenders by simply tapping a few buttons. CiX facilitates over $3B in fix-and-flip and buy-and-hold funding requests each month. Ross was nominated by Entrepreneur magazine as the Emerging Entrepreneur of 2011, serves on the Forbes Real Estate Council, and is a professionally published author. Ross and his team are always looking for strategic relationships within the industry. Visit Connectedinvestors.com/contact to connect with Ross & his team.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Ross’s journey that started with secretly reading Ron’s courses to Ironman triathlons to doing $5B a month in loans through his website
- How Ross’s company and website work for investors
- Why money always follows deals, rather than the other way around
- Red flags for online lending and why it’s so important to vet private lenders
- What to look for and how to market yourself as an investor on Ross’s website
- Making deals work with local lenders
- How investing and lending have modernized