Tim Bratz is the CEO and founder of CLE Turnkey Real Estate, a real estate investment company that acquires and transforms distressed commercial and apartment buildings into high-performance investment assets.
Tim began his real estate career in 2007 as a commercial broker in the competitive NYC real estate market, where he saw the true potential of real estate to transform lives. He spent time reading, attending workshops, and networking with accomplished entrepreneurs, and found that being resourceful was a cornerstone to becoming successful. Tim’s resourcefulness helped him build his first real estate company in 2009 in Charleston, SC, when he used a credit card to acquire his first property. Tim transformed a rundown duplex all on his own and turned a profit on his first deal. He reinvested those proceeds, meanwhile seeking private capital to expand his growing company. Today Tim still uses this formula for success, which all starts with being resourceful and having the right mindset. Working in real estate, Tim has learned how to build a passive business and create a residual income that allows him to live the lifestyle of his choice.
Tim now focuses on educating and empowering active and passive investors to become financially free through commercial real estate. Under Tim’s leadership, CLE Turnkey owns over 1,300 rental units across five states, and operates one of the largest property management companies in greater Cleveland. Tim is a husband and proud father, organizer for CLE Captains of Industry Mastermind and Cleveland Entrepreneurs & Business Owners Meetup Group, graduate of the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program, and active member of several high-performance national entrepreneur masterminds, including Collective Genius, Deal Maker Family, The Brotherhood, Multi-Family Boardroom, and Advisor’s Council.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Tim Bratz’ story and how he came from nothing to almost 4000 units by the end of 2019
- How to overcome analysis paralysis when you’re trying to get into real estate
- The scalability of real estate within a short timeframe
- How bigger deals are easier and more lucrative than smaller ones
- Translating a residential strategy into apartments
- How to finance large apartment buildings and renovations
- Different types of syndications for equity investors
- How to build a portfolio for long-term legacy wealth building