Episode 34: Getting Over Your Fears, with Tony Pearl and Todd Foster
Tony Pearl is a writer, speaker, copywriter, coach, mentor, marketer, musician, poet, ballroom dance instructor, world traveler, father, fiance, internet marketer, voiceover artist, and real estate investor. He’s also a Politically-Incorrect Insomniac with ADHD who specializes in adding massive value to people’s lives by helping them overcome limiting beliefs, have more fun, and make more money while improving lifestyles through investing in real estate!
Todd Foster learned the ‘pretty house’ terms business after attending his first Ron LeGrand event in August 2013, and has since done many subject-to, Lease purchase, owner financing & work-for-equity deals. He is a full-time real estate investor and runs his entire business out of an office in Minneapolis with only one full-time assistant. He is a mentor to other real estate students with Ron LeGrand’s Global Publishing Mentoring program. He currently lives in Minneapolis, MN with his wife Alecia and their four children.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Todd got involved in real estate studying under Ron LeGrand, and why he was so interested in leaving the corporate world
- How Todd’s pretty house business is structured, and how he’s closed 35+ deals year-to-date
- How Tony entered real estate and joined Planet Ron more than sixteen years ago from a career as a ballroom dance instructor
- How Tony became a millionaire in his first year of real estate business and did 24 deals that year
- How Todd’s wife handled his first month in real estate before he closed on his first deal
- Why a lack of self-confidence and knowledge were the biggest roadblocks both Tony and Todd had to overcome
- What Tony and Todd as mentors believe are the most common mistakes their current students make
- Why Todd believes preparation and practicing scripts out loud are the keys to being confident on the phone
- Why it’s important to remember that a “no” can be converted to a “yes”, and that both are worthwhile leads
- Why an acquisitionist is a crucial tool to help handle your business, and why it’s important to know your business before you hire one
- What you should be focusing on when you’re just starting out in the real estate business