Travis Rakes is a US Air Force Veteran of seven years. He completed three years of college in one year at the Community College of the US Air Force, St Johns River Community, and the University of Texas. For the past 30 years, he has managed commercial and residential construction projects. Some of those projects included; Hospital Rehab, Nursing Homes complete building conversion and new ground up construction. Upon retiring in January of this year he has decided to put that skill and knowledge to work in Real Estate Investing. He is a recent graduate of The Ron LeGrand Quick Start School and is a Gold Club Elite Member.
Corey “Moose” Ellis is a creative and active part of his small Maine community and is always volunteering his time with various activities. From cooking hundreds of chickens for Old Home Days and walking parades in his moose costume to helping promote Eco-tourism, he enjoys helping and serving. He currently is the Volunteer Project Coordinator for a restoration project for the Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes Railroad. He has a degree in business and economics and has a passion for constant learning and for business. After selling a mail order and retail store he owned for over 12 years that sold anything you can imagine with a Moose on it, he jumped into Real Estate. He currently buys, sells, rents homes, apartment buildings, and commercial office spaces in Maine and Florida.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- The businesses Travis and Corey have and what they learned from the Quick Start Real Estate School
- An example of a successful lead generated in the quick start school
- Corey’s story about getting a slow start in real estate
- Getting over the fear of calling people
- A simple illustration to describe the core of the real estate business
- What you might be doing that’s wasting money in marketing
- How a virtual assistant can really help your business
- Why you shouldn’t try to reinvent the wheel
- How to get out of your own way and learning to let go and delegate tasks
- The real estate mastermind group and how it can help you
- Success stories from Ron’s students and plans they have to continue to grow their businesses
- Taking massive action and not waiting around to get your business started
- The importance of not being afraid to take the first step